Tired of Luna?
Now, on the matter:
Everyone using the Windows eXPerience SP2 operating system(OS) gets
frustrated after using the same old default WinXP Visual Styles(aka Themes) – the famous Luna VS. So, here are a few alternatives(keep in mind that you`re using them at your risk!):
- Try other themes from Microsoft
aka one from the Energy Blue (Thanks again, Wikipedia!) series :
- Royale theme download at Softpedia
- Royale Noir theme download at Long Zheng’s Windows blog
- Zune theme download – Windows Installer file
- A clone of Zune for Metacity
2. Using hacking tools to use non-Microsoft created VSs(Thanks again, Google search! 😀 ):
- Tip #32: Using Custom Visual Styles in Windows XP – a full-lenght tutorial on how to do it!
- You NEED to patch your uxtheme.dll, if you didn’t already to get this to work. If you want to try patching it, check out Windows X’s UXTheme Multi-Patcher.
This program will patch your uxtheme.dll file so you can use any 3rd party visual style on Windows XP (includes SP1 and SP2) and Windows Server 2003 (includes SP1 and SP2) for both x86 and x64 Edition operating system. File protection dialogs should be cancelled and a reboot is required after using this patch.
Patched Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 systems with this program can be unpatched by running this program again. A very good collection of custom VSs is available at deviantART and are focused in the whole >Customization category.
- UxTheme Patcher for Windows Vista
- Using more free themes and icon packages: such as Vista Visual Styles Pack 6.0, Royale Vista 1.5.4, QuickSilver XP Theme , VistaMizer 2.0.0, Vista Transformation Pack 7.0 , and many more…
- If you`re smart enough, you can write your own! But, if you`re tired with WinXP VSs and you`re a web developer, you don`t need Simple CSS 1.2 .
I wish you luck and success in the noble war to customize your Desktop experience! 😀 🙂
If not, Googling will probably do the trick!